Silvia Gertsch : Lumière et contre-jour
13 November 2022 – 16 April 2023
The temporary exhibition takes an intimate look at the contemporary Swiss artist Silvia Gertsch, who has found her favourite medium of expression in the traditional technique of reverse painting on glass. In her paintings, Silvia Gertsch deals with relevant contemporary themes and highlights contrasts such as the bustle of the city or the calm of nature. The artist also takes a critical look at society, as for example in her "Handy Girls" series. Gertsch's works are marked by colour, light and backlighting, which are used as effective pictorial elements on the glass support. Silvia Gertsch's new series "Golden Light", created especially for the exhibition at the Vitromusée Romont, will be presented to the public for the first time.
- 12 November, 5pm: Opening of the exhibition. Registration at cr:fnenu.gnoony:ivgebprager.pu
- 27 November: Guided tour of the temporary exhibition with art historian Kathleen Bühler (in German), in the presence of the artist. The 2pm tour is full, places are still available for the second tour at 3.30pm. Registration at cr:vasb:ivgebzhfrr.pu. Admission at the usual rate
- 17 December, 2–4pm: Create your own Handy Girl, Vitroatelier. Registration here
- 15 January 2023, 2–3pm: Guided tour with Marina Porobic (in French). Registration at cr:nqrynvqr.borefba:ivgebzhfrr.pu. Admission at the usual rate
- 12 March 2023, 2–4pm: Create your own Handy Girl, Vitroatelier. Registration here.